Friday 27 July 2012

Wheeler's Club in Meerut



This is an old painted photo of Wheeler's Club in Meerut, were Shri Nathji stayed with His family for one month on March 1956, when on the way from Delhi to Dehradoon. In my effort to locate an old photograph of that building, I found this painted photo on an old postcard. After Shri Nathji stayed at the club it regained it's formal prestige and glory. This oldest club of Meerut is still operational and can be booked for parities and functions.

Comments -

Priya Nath Mehta - Dearest Siddharta! You are an amazing biographer and have done more than I could ever do in bringing back the past history of HH Shri Nathji! Yes, I remember Wheler Club in Meerut where I and my brother as children with our mother and HH

1 comment:

  1. I find your website fascinating! Please note that I have no sympathy for Britain's colonial occupation of India. However, just last night, I did find the army discharge papers for my Great Uncle Sergeant (spelled Serjeant then I think) Sidney Herbert Stewart - my father's uncle and namesake. He gave this club as his contact address on the discharge form. He had been in what was then The Rifle Brigade (think it was renamed the Prince Consort's Own Rifle Brigade after WW I). In the war he was attached to the 8th Gurkhas. It seems like a very beautiful and fascinating place. Sincerely, David Stewart

    ReplyDelete